Raycom-Legacy Content Company Announces Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live™ Crushing It!
New six-episode television series provides a behind-the-scenes look at the epic Monster Truck tour
July 15, 2019: Charlotte, NC – Raycom-Legacy Content Company is launching a new 30-minute television series called Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live™ Crushing It! The new series will go behind-the-scenes at Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live, the new worldwide tour featuring iconic jumps and stunts with epic crashing and smashing and Bigfoot® – the original Monster Truck.
Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live Crushing It! is an unscripted, high-energy, all access look at the exhilarating world of Monster Trucks. Hosts Tommy Kane and Kristen Beat take viewers inside the world of Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live to meet drivers, showcase trucks, engage with fans, and learn from the creators at Mattel about how they brought these awesome toys to life.
“I’ve worked in the motorsports entertainment business for 25 years and this is the best Monster Truck television show ever produced,” said Ken Hudgens, President & CEO of Raycom-Legacy Content Company. “We’re giving our fans unprecedented access to a Monster Truck tour and giving them a look under the hood to see what makes these drivers and trucks so entertaining.”
The 30-minute, six-episode series is produced by Raycom-Legacy Content Company and will air in nearly 100 markets from July 20th – October 31st. Episode summaries follow:
- 1: Take a look at the first Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live event and meet Bone Shaker, Tiger Shark, V8 Bomber™, Hot Wheels® Racing # 1, Demo Derby and Bigfoot – the original Monster Truck.
- 2: Mattel designers show what it takes to design a Hot Wheels Monster Truck Toy and viewers take a tour of the Hot Wheels garage.
- 3: Show host Tommy Kane learns how to drive Hot Wheels Racing #1 and maybe even crush a car.
- 4: Hang out with Demo Derby driver Derick Anson, FMX superstar Cody Elkins, and get a Backstage Pass to find out what goes into producing a Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live event.
- 5: Find out how the legendary Bigfoot was created with owner Bob Chandler, and get a sneak peek into the annual Bigfoot Open House.
- 6: Demo Derby visits Victory Junction, a camp for children with serious or chronic medical conditions, and Tommy Kane becomes a Super Fan at a Hot Wheels Monster Truck Live event.
Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live was launched earlier this year by Raycom-Legacy Content Company and Mattel, Inc. and delivers an exhilarating family entertainment experience for kids of all ages. The tour will stop in 24 markets this year and expand to Europe in 2020 under a new partnership with Live Nation.
For more information on the new series and local television listings visit www.hotwheelsmonstertruckslive.com/crushing-it.
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential. Visit us online at www.mattel.com.
About Raycom-Legacy Content Company
Raycom-Legacy Content Company is a large-scale event operation, promotion, content production, licensing and media firm. The company produces entertainment experiences including Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live™, an international Monster Truck tour visiting North America and Europe. Raycom-Legacy Content Company is a partnership between Raycom Sports – a leading independent sports marketing, event management and production firm – and Legacy Motorsports Events – which was co-founded by entertainment and motorsports executives Ken Hudgens, Tim Murray, Eric Cole and Bob Boggess. The company is based in Charlotte, N.C.
*Hot Wheels Basic Cars Assortment is the number one selling toy in the world based on units sold according to NPD